Old 16-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Nedra

Default Cat-safe algae control??

Well... God Bless your Sweet heart! Another pond and cat lover
in our midst. If anyone bothers you about the kitties you just
tell me! LOL!

My pond had string algae for a week or two several years ago.
I didn't do anything to the pond but it did disappear.
I think the koi ate it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Nedra in Missouri

"William Laven" wrote in message
I have a small pond that loves algae. But I don't! Though I have a UV
filter, there's still plenty of string algae. What I'm wondering is
whether any of the algae control products -- many list copper as the
active ingredient -- can be used when my pond also serves as a drinking
bowl for my 6 cats.

And, please, don't waste my time telling me to get rid of the cats or
cover the pond with a net to keep them from drinking, etc etc

The cats stay and perhaps so will the alage unless I can find a product
safe for their ingestion.

Thanks for the help.

ps offlist cc's to would be appreciated