Old 16-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Karen Wheless

Default Orange Peels in Garden

We're cool and the best of friends. This didn't set off WWIII. But after
talking about it, we are curious as to what others think is proper. We tried
to put this into newsgroups that would tend to favor one and the other
position.

Even though the peels are biodegradable, just scattering them on the
ground isn't the best way to decompose them. They'd probably be better
off in a compost heap - otherwise they'd probably attract insects,
animals, etc. that might be bad for the flowers. That would satisfy the
environmentalist and the rationalist, wouldn't it?

I don't think it's necessarily "rude" to scatter orange peels in your
own flowerbed, but since you share the flowerbed, you have to reach a
compromise - it seems like there are ways to recycle the peels and keep
both people happy.

Karen