Old 17-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Natty_Dread

Default Follow-up RE Gaura Whirling Butterflies

"Natty_Dread" wrote in message
.. .
I'm in Zone 7, Washington DC metro area, and nearly all my perennials have
begun sprouting up or leafing out except the Whirling Butterflies I

planted
last year. Can anyone tell me when I should expect to see green on them?
We had quite a bit of snow and ice this year and January was reeeally

cold,
so I'm hoping they're not dead! Any feedback would be most appredciated.

I also meant to ask those who grow Gaura if you stake them. When I first
planted Gauras I had them in a container and they trailed very nicely over
the sides, but now that I have them in the ground, when the flowering stems
grow they basically flop over onto the ground. How do you all handle that?

Thanks!
Rhonda