Old 17-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Kay Lancaster

Default Spray liquid dethatcher ...then fertilize?

On 16 Apr 2004 18:13:13 -0700, Bill Adams wrote:
I have large areas in my lawn that need dethatching. On a
recommendation of a friend I purchased a Liquid Composter & Dethatcher
which is an enzyme you spray on that produces a bacteria that is
supposed to accelerate the natural decomposition of lawn thatch.

Have you really got excessive thatch? If so, knock off the high
N fertilizer.
http://www.extension.umn.edu/distrib...re/DG1123.html

What I've seen of the "biological dethatchers" has been pretty inconsistent
results; mechanical dethatching is my choice.

Don't bother with crabgrass pre-emergent herbicides if the soil temp
is over 60o.
http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/stateline/010322.html

Kay Lancaster