Old 17-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Dan Mazerolle

Default Need help building a bean tent from tree branches

"Tungblade" wrote in message
Can any one recommend a site or post instructions on how to construct a

bean
tent from tree branches? I have several branches 1-2" in diameter at the

base
and I would rather use them in my garden as bean poles than chop and

compost
them. How many do I need? How do I attach the branches at the top and how

do I
keep the tent from falling over? I need help with stuff like that. . . . .
Thanks in advance, T

The quickest way is to place 3 or 4 together and about 8 - 12 inches from
the top, you wrap some string in a tight band around them 8-10 times. Then
you stand them up and spread the base to make a teepee. Next, take some
string, tie one end around one of the poles a foot off the ground, and wind
the string in a spiral about a foot apart. Plant your beans around the
perimeter.