Old 17-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Beecrofter

Default fertilizer:liq vs solid

"catbob" wrote in message ...
hi all, i am a beginner when it comes to growing plants. i'm interested in
growing some herbs on my apartment patio. my question is this: is liquid
fertilizer safe to use on these herbs i'm going to be cooking w/ or should i
buy the fertilizer that i mix into the soil? TIA.

mk =)

With the exception of garlic, shallots, onions , and tarragon almost
all of the culinary herbs do well without fertilizer, They are from
poor soil originally.
A nice mulch of sifted compost would be good.
If you decide to feed use whatever is handy the difference between
solid fertilizer and liquid is usually water. Just use it sparingly.