Old 17-04-2004, 08:00 PM
B Ghostrider

Default Cat-safe algae control??

we are in the same postion with our ponds. The thing that we do is to
clean the filter daliy.we also get in and remove the algea with our
hands. we also have added a good fountian head to rasie the O2 level
in the pond. Get a head that puts out course jets. so far this year
its seen to keep the alge in check but it still is not the hot part of
the year so we will see
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:44:53 GMT, William Laven
wrote:

I have a small pond that loves algae. But I don't! Though I have a UV
filter, there's still plenty of string algae. What I'm wondering is
whether any of the algae control products -- many list copper as the
active ingredient -- can be used when my pond also serves as a drinking
bowl for my 6 cats.

And, please, don't waste my time telling me to get rid of the cats or
cover the pond with a net to keep them from drinking, etc etc

The cats stay and perhaps so will the alage unless I can find a product
safe for their ingestion.

Thanks for the help.

ps offlist cc's to would be appreciated