Old 17-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Lee B.

Default Birds and the Bees and Koi and the...

I was under the impression that the males literally knock the eggs out of
her. I don't think she can lay the eggs by herself, otherwise you wouldn't
hear of egg-bound females: they'd dump them if they could. The times that
mine have spawned, they were at it before I got up and/or noticed it. The
deed was done.

Lee

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
Can someone go over the basics on spawning please? I always understood it
that the lady lays the eggs, and the man fertilizes the eggs externally.

If
so, then why do the males beat the females up? What am I missing?

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com