Old 17-04-2004, 08:11 PM
~ Windsong ~

Default Haring

"Rich" wrote in message
I came out this afternoon and saw it big and white. A haring? For the
first time in 5 years I saw a haring on my next door tree. It flew away.

It
was looking my pond over.

1. I thought they won't go near a pond if there too many trees a round
2. Cause they cant get up and go is a short range.
3. Shell I shush it, shoot it, or band plate together?

Only NETS keep these birds out. They will fish a pond clean. We have a lot
of trees and shrubs... it didn't even slow them down. The smaller herons
didn't care much for wallowing through plants at the waters edge so learned
to land on, and fish from the plant pots.
--
Carol....
"I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead."