Old 17-04-2004, 10:06 PM
PlainBill

Default Need help with neighbors accusation

Rather than beat the neighbor over the head with a hose, (as I would
have done), explain to him that you have a species of small fish,
gambuia, commonly known as mosquito eaters in the pond (you do, don't
you?). These eat the mosquito larvae. No larvae = birth control for
mosquitoes.

As far as rats, the only rat you will find in pond is a muskrat.

Of course, a proactive approach, contacting the local authorities
FIRST isn't a bad idea.

PlainBill

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:50:45 GMT, "Bulldog"
wrote:

Our neighbors complained that my pond is breeding mosquitoes and rats. Does
anyone have articles saying this is a myth?

As far as larvae and eggs go, I don't see any. In fact, my theory is that
the pond is a trap. Mosquitoes might lay eggs but the fish eat them.

This is serious and I hope someone has some ready documentation.