Old 18-04-2004, 01:06 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default Rototilling while ground wet?

Rick Charnes wrote:

I want to start preparing my backyard vegetable garden for planting here
in suburban Boston, but we've had quite a bit of rain in the last week.
How bad is it to rototill while the ground is still wet?

You might want to lay black plastic garbage bags over future
garden(currently lawn). Eventually is kills off grass and weeds from
lack of light and lack of ran I just did this last week which was
good, cause we had seriously soaking rains. I dug up a 4'x4'x8" patch
today and added my amendments, tore up the sod, tilled under and such.

If I hadn't covered the area it would probably be somewhat muddy
still.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener