Old 18-04-2004, 01:42 AM
DJ

Default Shirasawanum and the Planters

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...
"DJ" wrote in message

With a sunny day off work I started to paint up the planters......+ the
Shira' very close to leaf and looking good.

pics at

http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk

Diarmuid would be proud of you! And a super pic of the resident
insectivore as bonus. (Of course, I find clothes pegs last longer and
stay cleaner if you bring them in every time...)

Tell me, Don, how many pottings-on did you do to get the Shira -- a
gorgeous thing, and looking *very* good -- into its present home (at a
guess, about 20 litres, I suppose)? Or was it quite big when you got
it?

Mike.

Thanks Mike,

'er indoors was a bit upset at showing 'er pegs on the net. Still it all
adds to the colour of the occasion.

The Shira measures 1100mm high and I have to say I bought it about 4 weeks
ago. I asked the local garden centre to select me a nice (r) one from their
supplier, which the did. Took about 2 weeks to get. Yes, I think its going
to look great in about 2/3 weeks time. Will update pics then.

Don