Old 18-04-2004, 05:07 AM
escapee

Default new radio station

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:20:40 -0400, cacahuates opined:

A perfect example of why liberals are morally bankrupt. A few minutes
ago you lamented Tommy Chong's being arrested for selling a bong,
thereby implying that smoking illegal herbs was somehow OK. Now you
imply that Rush Limbaugh, who had a problem with prescription drugs, is
unfit to be on the air. Are you saying drugs are fine if Tommy Chong
partakes, but bad if Limbaugh does?

I don't know whether or not you have a drug problem, but you sure do
have a credibility problem.

I didn't imply anything. Tommy Chong wasn't charged with smoking pot, or
selling or growing pot. He went to jail for selling a bong. How many people in
America or the world have died from pot? Just curious. Then, while you're
finding statistics, how many people by the tens of thousands die from alcohol
related driving deaths, not to mention all the liver transplants for drunks, and
how many people die from legal cigarettes. Let's see the stats on these.

And no, to directly answer your question. I never said anything about smoking
illegal herbs. But you certainly must see the hypocrisy in this, can't you?
Rush Limbaugh did indeed do something illegal, and immoral. He was doctor
shopping. He bought street drugs. Those were not prescribed to him. So, call
them "prescription" drugs, but dope is dope and he is a junkie like anyone else
who was now, or was ever addicted to drugs.

And no, I have been clean and sober for decades. I know a dope fiend when I see
one.