Old 18-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Emery Davis

Default Toddler and laburnum

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:03:25 +0100, "Rosie" said:

] I have a toddler and a medium-sized laburnum tree at the back of my garden,
] which seems to produce a lot of seeds.
]
] How poisonous are these seeds? They do seem to get everywhere. Would I be
] best off getting rid of the tree?
]
] (Obviously she isn't left to wander around the garden by herself, but she
] does like shoving things in her mouth.)
]
] ROSIE
]
]

Rosie,

Read the replies with interest. Just worth noting that Laburnum seeds are also
a choking hazard. A friend's little girl ended in hospital with one lodged in her
throat. (She's fine now.)

We have kids 5 and 7, and Laburnum. They're pretty good about learning what
not to do, safety-wise, so we have (knock on wood) had no problems. That said
as has been pointed out no child is completely reliable! Seems to me life is full
of hazards, Laburnum is less serious than some...

HTH

-E
--
Emery Davis