Old 18-04-2004, 05:45 AM
Mike

Default Toddler and laburnum

but one
does tire of the same questions being asked year after year after year!

Is it beyond your thought that this person might even be a newbie and I
might never have posted here before?

Just because you are one of the 'Old Hands' full of experience and know all
the answers through years and years of experience, please remember, that
once upon a time, even YOU did not know all the answers. (When you had your
first baby, you knew just what to do? How to feed it and bathe it? And if
you are a driver, were you born with a driving licence and all the
experience of road craft?)

I think I had better advise you, because you are obviously not aware of the
fact, that at about this time next year, April 'ish' 2005, a complete set of
newbies will 'bombard' this newsgroup with exactly the same questions that
you tire of so much. Might I therefore respectfully suggest that you log out
now, so that these tiresome newbies, who do not know these things, do not
annoy you any more?

Or perhaps we will make a posting on the newsgroup every week as follows. In
the subject line "SORRY, BUT A QUESTION FROM A NEWBIE" Please note that this
is a newsgroup full of very experienced people, of which some do not have
the patience to keep on answering questions from newbies. If you want to ask
a simple question, just like the experienced ones on here did at the
beginning, and so they are not bored to tears, please make a prominent
posting such as the above in the subject.
Thank you.

Would that satisfy you?

I doubt it :-((

You can please some of the people some of the time
You can please most of the people most of the time
But you cannot please ALL of the people ALL of the time

Mike

--
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th