Old 18-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Janice

Default Bluebonnets

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:54:27 -0500, "junkyardcat"
wrote:

I found some bluebonnet plants at Lowe's, and planted them and they are
thriving. I have never dealt with bluebonnets before, but I noticed today
that there are little pods hanging off of the plants. Are these where you
get bluebonnet seeds from? When do I harvest the seeds if I want to get them
and plant them for next year? Or do these pods turn into flowers? In other
words....what part of the bluebonnet plant has seeds?

Thanks!
Angie

Bluebonnets are legumes, like beans.. and peas.. the pods are like
beans, they form seeds inside, when they're ripe they crack and open
and the seeds fall out, unless you collect the seed. Don't get the
idea that they're ok to eat though, they're not.. poisonous! ;-)

Janice