Old 18-04-2004, 01:02 PM
SugarChile

Default What is my name??/pulmonaria

Years ago I had a fit of passion for pulmonaria--one of those gardening
obsessions where the chosen plant is all you can think about. I planted
many different kinds, and enjoyed them tremendously. Then we had a terrible
drought two years running, with watering restrictions, and some of them went
by the wayside. I still have good old "Mrs. Moon" and one or two others,
and they are enormously cheering this time of year.

In a "normal" year they don't need special watering or a lot of care. Some
summers the leaves suffer from mildew, which bothers me more than it seems
to bother the plant. If I get to it, I cut them back, and they respond with
fresh new foliage.

Not a showy plant, but a satisfying one. Everyone should have a few
pulmonarias.

Cheers,
Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message
You got it in one, Sue, and without benefit of the photo. It is indeed
Pulmonaria, also commonly called lungwort or sometimes Jerusalem Sage.

I've
never heard it referred to as trout plant either, but it fits.

pam - gardengal