Old 18-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Phisherman

Default Mulching - 5.5hp VS 6.5hp

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:27:30 -0700, Tom Jaszewski
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:23:52 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

Get the 6.5HP. Some of the power needed goes into the mulching
operation. Honda engines are excellent.

Hey Phish,
What about Honda black cased series. Any experience with them?I keep
seeing these on some cheap generators advertising "Honda Powered" They
are significantly less costly than the red cased versions.

Thanks,

I have the plastic "bullet proof" Honda housing. It is excellent,
lightweight, never rusts, but I'm not sure if they make them this way
anymore. A good mulching mower will have a doughnut-shaped housing
which acts like a kitchen blender to chop the grass blades into small
pieces. I don't think the housing type (content) is as important as
the shape. The three speed model is what I have and like, but the
only time I use the third speed is when I'm trying to get out of the
rain. Read and carefully follow the Owner's manual and your mower
should last a long time. Parts are available on the Internet, should
you need them a few years from now.