Old 18-04-2004, 03:04 PM
escapee

Default new radio station

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:39:35 -0400, Ann opined:

Salty Thumb expounded:

P.S. If I offered to sell a gun to a veteran, does that mean I'm implying
that killing people is okay? I just want to know, I wouldn't want to do
something that is morally bankrupt and I'm obviously not good at thinking
for myself.

Now, just.....how.....is selling a gun to a veteran implying that
killing people is OK? Where is *that* connection coming from? It
isn't immoral for veterans to own guns, nor have all veterans killed
anyone while in our (your!) service. You've proven your last phrase,
unfortunately.

If you read it all, I was accused of being a proponent of pot smoking because I
made the comment about Tommy Chong being in jail for selling bongs. Bongs in
and of themselves are completely safe to sell. Because one sells them, does
that imply everyone should use it to smoke pot with? That's what the gun to the
veteran analogy was explaining.

Putting people in jails for selling bongs is, well, assinine. Not putting
people who are caught buying illegal drugs, doctor shopping, and using illegal
drugs (some call them prescription, I don't if they are bought on the street)
into jail is also pretty silly...when you see bong sellers in jail.