Old 18-04-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Need help with neighbors accusation

you need to read up on the idea of those gas powered mosquito machines. it takes
weeks because what they are doing is by removing 1 mosquito they are removing all the
later generation from that one. so they attract the mosquitoes to the machine to
start. same with a pond with fish in it. my friend the Pond Lady's land is low and
swampy anyway, but she has lots of ponds not to mention the ponds in the greenhouse
for water plants. and she has no mosquitoes. she got a gazillion frogs however.
Ingrid

"Bulldog" wrote:

Our neighbors complained that my pond is breeding mosquitoes and rats. Does
anyone have articles saying this is a myth?

As far as larvae and eggs go, I don't see any. In fact, my theory is that
the pond is a trap. Mosquitoes might lay eggs but the fish eat them.

This is serious and I hope someone has some ready documentation.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.