Old 18-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Sacha

Default Toddler and laburnum

Mike18/4/04 2:35

Otoh, you, Mike, have demonstrated that you are more than happy to say
the same thing any number of times, so how about you taking on the job
of advising newbies with the frequently asked questions? You wouldn't
get bored, and they'd get their answers. Perfect!

Given his self-admitted gardening knowledge, 'perfect' is *not* the word
that springs readily to mind! ;-)
--

Thank you Sacha, as I explained I do not have the Gardening expertise to
represent such a newsgroup with such a skilled readership as this. I just

To be honest, Mike, I think this newsgroup has a pretty good record of
welcoming and helping newbies. All of us can get a little tetchy when
subjects recur frequently and as you've been guilty of doing that
deliberately yourself, I'm sure you're aware of that.
However, I agree that in this instance, Rosie seems to have done all that
could be reasonably expected of her *and* she makes the very good point that
this hasn't been discussed here for some time - since when several new
people have joined us.
I think it was unnecessary of you to attempt to stir the pot by dragging in
another group member's name and IMO that could raise as many objections re
behaviour on agr, if not more.
Storm and teacup seem to sum this up, IMO.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)