Old 18-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Tom Jaszewski

Default giant ground wasp colony

Using a "root injector" does work. And a drench is also largely
effective. Colony entries are not "torturous paths" or labyrinths.
Based on experience rather than "think".

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:09:44 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

thats good for killing the ones hanging out on the surface, but i wouldn't
think pouring it into a hole or 20 would reach far enough through all the
underground passages to wipe out the colony.

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:06:29 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

We have an absolutely huge colony of wasps on a strip of lawn. There is
about a one foot tall mound of dirt that appears to be their main

entrance,
but they have literally hundreds of other entrances over a 30' x 8' area.
At any given time during the day, there are dozens of bees all over that
stretch of yard. When we have guests over, this is the area they usually
park in. How can I possibly kill a colony this large, there must be
thousands of wasps.

6-8 oz of Dawn dish liquid in a gallon of water is an immediate
contact kill.

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a

pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold