Old 18-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Salty Thumb

Default new radio station

escapee wrote in
news
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:39:35 -0400, Ann opined:

Salty Thumb expounded:

P.S. If I offered to sell a gun to a veteran, does that mean I'm
implying that killing people is okay? I just want to know, I
wouldn't want to do something that is morally bankrupt and I'm
obviously not good at thinking for myself.

Now, just.....how.....is selling a gun to a veteran implying that
killing people is OK? Where is *that* connection coming from? It
isn't immoral for veterans to own guns, nor have all veterans killed
anyone while in our (your!) service. You've proven your last phrase,
unfortunately.

If you read it all, I was accused of being a proponent of pot smoking
because I made the comment about Tommy Chong being in jail for selling
bongs.

Exactly, here is the quote:

cacahuates wrote in :

A perfect example of why liberals are morally bankrupt. A few minutes
ago you lamented Tommy Chong's being arrested for selling a bong,
thereby implying that smoking illegal herbs was somehow OK. Now you

p-nut logic:
if
selling bong to someone who may or may not have used drugs: implies
smoking illegal herbs is okay
then
selling gun to someone who may or may not have killed somebody: implies
killing people is okay
?

Now you may accept any those conclusions as a logical consequence, but
personally I don't accept either (sarcasm aside) therefore I draw the
conclusion that what p-nut said isn't a perfect example of anything
(unless it's an example of McCarthyist logic).

Aside from that, what I said wasn't a criticism or an endorsement of the
military and was strictly for analogy. For my next trick I will attempt
to walk through Compton wearing the wrong color.