Old 18-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Eliot Bisky

Default Lawn Care For A Beginner? Book Recommendations?

Hello all,

Something came over me this year and I am on a mission to have
a healthy lawn. Over the past few years the lawn at our house has been
wasting away. The back of the yard has "dirt spots" as well call them. There
are spots in the yard that completely have no grass at all and the spots
that do have grass is very healthy. I am not sure what the problem is. The
grass in our front yard basically just does not grow and is very thinned
out. Well, this summer / year, I want to get our yard back in shape. So I am
coming to you all for your advice on how I should get started. I really have
never worked on a lawn before so I would define myself as a beginner.
Your advice would be helpful and I am also looking for book
recommendations. I am willing to learn and practice and hopefully develop my
studies into an interesting hobby. To give you some background, I live in
southern/central Illinois (about 30 miles from st louis).

Thanks for your suggestions and advice,
-EB