Old 18-04-2004, 08:03 PM
chagoi

Default OT - ka30p - OT ---- Cooling Info

wrote:

my mother just had her knee replaced and they use this device for cooling the knee.
it wraps around and there are tubes running thru it that carries cold water pumped
from a cooler filled with ice and water. it both took down inflammation and pain.
she said she felt almost no pain at all (well until she had to get up and walk
around). her recuperation was really really fast and she is back to gardening. she
had surgery in mid Feb.
I was just wondering if they had something like that available for other injuries.
Ingrid

Ingrid

I did some heat stress reasearch for a company I was working for last
year. I do not have a copy of the info any more, but I was able to find
some of the sites. They may or may not help with your particular request.

Specially designed circulation pads available in knee, shoulder and
small & large sized multi-use configurations.
Orthopaedic Medical Supplies
http://www.tinyurl.com/ystvw

some other info
http://www.techtv.com/news/sportstec...401278,00.html