Old 18-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Charles

Default Pond Foam

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:10:58 GMT, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

I get a foamy surface after the frogs have spawned and the spawn is
decomposing. Could it be this?
Alan

Not the spawn, but the male addition to the deed, and/or pollen can cause
foaming, but we've had lots of pollen blowing around here and none on the
lily pond till the frogs got hot & heavy. Hopefully I won't find any
drowned in their passion like last year, one young couple fed the tomatoes.
~ jan

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)

The mystery is solved, it was the goldfish spawning after all.

No pollen yet (plant kind) that comes later in the year when the area
turns yellow from the neighbor's tree. (I don't like that tree)

--

- Charles
-