Old 18-04-2004, 10:06 PM
david taylor

Default Toddler and laburnum

Again at the end of a long series of postings!
I had read wrt to laburnum that 1 seed could be a problem. We brought up 4
children over the years with 2 laburnum trees in the garden, and there was
no problem convincing them that the seeds were dangerous.
I think the tree is quite attractive and worth keeping.
Toxicity could vary from tree to tree as with foxglove, white and red are
different.
I don't know much about other leguminosae.
Edible peas are obviously non toxic. My source on laburnum wrote that seeds
from I lupin pod were equivalent to one laburnum seed.
"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...
Janet Baraclough..18/4/04 11:28

snip
Cut the flowers off when they fade and there won't be any
seeds.

snip

Sigh.....what it is to have brains - obvious answer, of course.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)