Old 18-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Garden clearout

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Word of caution here. I don't know how Bristol compares with the Isle of
Wight with regards to clearing rubbish, but,

1) If you take the stuff to the tip yourself in a car, i.e. bit by bit, no
problem.

2) If you take the stuff to the tip yourself in a van or car and trailer,
you "might" be deemed to be a trader and charged.

3) If you get one of those people who advertise in the local paper as "Humpy
Dump" or "Lift and Shift" (yes we have 2 who trade as that), they will
charge you not only to clear the stuff, but also the charge made by the tip
to dump it. I believe it is £75.00 per load but don't quote me on that, but
you are looking at somewhere in the region of £100.00 plus.

OR Take it all down yourself and have a bonfire with it. We are allowed to
have a bonfire, subject to very minimal local orders. A) Anytime you like,
but B) If it is causing an inconvenience or nuisance to you neighbours you
can be prosecuted, i.e. On a beautiful Saturday or Sunday Evening when
neighbours are having barbies :-((

Sound advice, though as regards the bonfire, you have to have regular
bonfires for it to come under the offence of 'nuisance'.

Old sheds usually burn fiercely and with very little smoke anyway, so if
it really *HAS* to go, that's the way to do it.

Um, when's Bob-A-Job Week?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/