Old 19-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Gail Futoran

Default Fish Suggestion for 20 Gallon Planted Tank

"Squid" wrote in message
Currently I have a small Yo Yo Loach and Honk Kong Loach

in my 20
Gallon tank and later this week I plan on getting a few

Corys. How
many Corys can I get considering I would like to add some

mid level
swimming fish later this month?

What other peaceful fish would you guys recommend that

will not nip at
the plants.

Ph. 7.4
temp: 78 f
Various plants - Swords, Java Ferns, Mondo Grass
Driftwood

I have a 20G long with two Yo Yo loaches,
3 Cory paleatus (speckled Cory), assorted Otos
(2-4 - hard to keep count) and 5-6 Neon Tetras
along with a lot of plants (like yours) and driftwood
and caves (and a PVC "tunnel" for the loaches).

I would think any other small schooling fish like
Neon Tetras would work to add mid-level interest
and be present when the other fish are hiding. None
of mine seem to bother my plants, other than the
YoYos that persistently dig up a Crypt I've planted
a dozen times at least.

Usual recommendation for Corys is 1 per
5 gallons. I try for a minimum of 3 per tank,
and as many more as I can manage. Kind of
depends on the Cory since they range in size
a bit at maturity.

Gail