Old 19-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Martin

Default Spring Lambs

Your imagination. So post where someone TOLD you to go veggie?

The section below is pasted from your earlier post;

The recent outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease demonstrates how
inhumanely lambs are treated, as they are moved from market to market
all over the UK, and even exported live to other countries in europe
such as italy.

Go veggie, better for you, better for the animals.

The last line contains the words "Go veggie."

I hope you can understand why I can't take him too seriously!
Yes, the comment about lamb chops was made tongue in cheek, and it
could be viewed as provocative. I belive it was appropriate given
how far off topic the original post was. Keep it in
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian where it belongs!

Nuts.

Well, if your view is nuts, I respect that. Now off to bed with you,
you've got a lecture tomorrow afternoon.

I lecture every day.

Well, you've got me there. You certainly did a shed load of lecturing today.
You clearly hold your belief very strongly, but that does not of itself make
it right for everyone. Posting it in a newsgroup about gardening is just
plain wrong. Have you stopped to consider whether what you are doing helps
your message, or detracts from it. All that illogical stuff about respecting
the rights of people to eat what they want being analagous to respecting the
right of people to abuse children doesn't strengthen your point. It weakens
it.

I can understand that issues such as cruelty to animals, and vegetarianism
are things that people might well want to evangelise about, but if you do it
in a way that turns people off, you'll only drive them to an opposite view.
Calling people names will not endear you to them either.

I'm going to get a bit hypocritical now, and tell you something.

You need to decide whether you simply want to rail against the world, or
whether you want to win hearts and minds. It's coming across very much like
the former today!

Martin

---