Old 19-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Brian

Default Ladybirds

How I envy you! I've gardened all my life and don't remember ever seeing
more than one at a time~~and then only briefly. Hardly enough time to say
"Ladybird, ladybird fly away....[forgot the rest]". I have loved them since
being in nappies with a tender nanny! It was the first rhyme she taught me~
and have now forgotten!! The second one she taught me was "Flies are a
nuisance, flies are a pest... etc" and never realised it was slightly rude
till my wife stopped me passing it on!!
Interestingly the Americans call them 'Ladybugs' and their gardening
group was complaining [last Autumn] that they were having to sweep them up
into buckets there were so many ~~in doors too..Though I'm only 90% sure
it's the same insect.
Best Wishes Brian
"Troy" wrote in message
Never seen so many before - they're everywhere. Anyone else noticed this

or
are they just in my garden :-)

(North East Lincolnshire).
--