Old 19-04-2004, 08:03 AM
scr

Default Garlic came up beautifully this year

Betsy wrote:
wow, what's your secret? Special variety? Special soil?

No secret. I'm fortunate to live in an area (Portland, OR) that has
superb soil, no hard winter and lots of water. The ground doesn't freeze
except for occaisional crust.

My yard is prehistoric Columbia River bed. Not only do I not have rocks;
I don't even have pebbles.

I have generally great success with plants. My tomato plants yield like
crazy.

I use only organic ingredients. I like to think that has lots to do with
the plant health. The primary nitrogen source is fishmeal.

I also generate genuine compost from food scraps and coffee grounds from
StarBucks. My compost takes four years per batch. No trendy tumblers
etc. Ya can't push the decomposition process in my book.

-SCR