Old 19-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default blood worms

"Bill" wrote in message
m...
I should be more specific. I have searched previous posts and typically

the
response is dont worry they're a normal pond thing. However, I don't
believe they are being filtered out of the pond. The only ones I have seen
were in the folds, which leads me to believe they grew there. My concern

is
whether this could be indicative of them growing in a medium (of gunk)

which
would be conducive to bad bacteria growth.

snip

Nah, they're good. They're in the gunk because that is where they chow down.
I have never had them, but I have a few friends that have them in an
aquarium and they report that the little buggers keep the bottom nice and
clean, of course when they are avoiding becoming a snack for the fish.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com