Old 19-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Grunff

Default Recycle builders bag for compost container?

David W.E. Roberts wrote:

These bag things are supposed to bio-degrade, so only a solution for a year
or so.

Really? Mine don't - they're polypropylene, and will stick around for a
looong time.

(1) any drawbacks to this cunning plan apart from the hideous whiteness? I
do plan to make holes to allow drainage and ingress of earthworms.

Can't think of any.

(2) suggestions for the best place to obtain 4 * (at least 4' high) 2*2 rot
resistant posts for under £16? Or will just filling the bags (which will not
result in such a neat shape) be an acceptable solution?

We get our 5 foot, 4" diameter pressure treated fence posts, complete
with one pointy end from a local timber yard at around £2.50 each.

--
Grunff