Old 19-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Janice

Default Calla Lily

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:15:10 -0600, "Jackee" not available wrote:

I was given a calla lily for a gift. I have hear that the can be planted
out doors. I haven't been able to find and info on the how to do this.
Does anyone have ay experience with this they would like to share?
I live in Southwestern Idaho, incase climate matters for the lily plant.
We have a long growing season, but it does freeze in the late fall.

I'm in Boise, they're not hardy here, could plant them out if they are
dormant right close to the last spring frost date, so they can start
rooting underground, but come up after it's safe. Then lift them in
the fall and store indoors.

I always wanted some but they were too expensive for me to plant and
probably lose in the fall when I couldn't get them dug up in time.

Janice