Old 19-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Crabapple

Well, my crabapple bloomed for Passover, and was lovely for about a week. Now
it is all over the place, & I am unclear about what to do next. The books don't
always tell you what to do right now. Should I prune now or let it run until
the fall? I know there are a few new branches that need wiring, if I can find
them. There are also a couple of branches which need more growth, but most of
them are big enough & just need more twigging. Any suggestions? Should I
defoliate it?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."