Old 19-04-2004, 08:13 PM
len gardener

Default Mulching Mower - how powerful?

g'day adrew,

anything more than a 2 blade cutting operation does a much better cut
on a good lawn, scott bonnar used to have a 3 blade set up and rover
and some others a 4 blade system all cut very even and make a neat
job. not recommending anything un-toward but maybe you could fit a
rover disc and blade set up if you are not quiet happy with the
current cut of your new mower (has a cutter bar most likely). i have a
masport that came with a bar my opinion a pretty hopeless system so i
swapped for a rover disc assembly lost about 1/2" on the cut width,
but hey cut nice and neat and picked up grass heaps better when i used
the catcher.

len

snipped
--