Old 19-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Janice

Default Garlic came up beautifully this year

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:01:09 -0700, scr wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

What variety is this?

Looks like Elephant garlic to me.

Janice

Unfortunately, I didn't record the name of the varieties. I just bought
(3) different kinds of hardnecks from Portland Nursery last October,
broke them up and planted them with a generous dose of 4 year-old
compost, plus (4)fish-meal, (1)rock-phosphate, (1)kelp-meal,
(1)cottonseed-meal, (1)Dolomite-Lime.

Only my Calif. Whites (grocery store bulbs) look anything like these ...
and even there I'd guess yours are about a good week ahead of mine. My
Metechi, Leningrad and Ajo Rojo are only about 1/3 of the size you are
showing. Are you -sure- you didn't take this picture last summer? ;-)

Bill

What?! No fraud, buddy. I took those shots yesterday.

-SCR