Old 20-04-2004, 02:07 AM
really ka30p

Default Will ducks eat my fish?

Randy wrote I just walked out to see two ducks in my pond. My godfish range
from 6 to
8 inches. Should I be concerned?

Not really. They can eat fish but they aren't
very good at it and their diet doesn't require enough protein to take care of
all your fish.

The thing that ducks do contribute to a pond is massive amounts of duck poo -
way out of proportion to the amount of food they take in.
They can be heck on a filter and the water quality of a pond, the smaller the
pond the harder they are on it.

Usually harrassment will convince ducks to move on. Borrowing a friendly
labrador will do the trick too.

kathy :-)
(still use ka30p for email
this acct. is for reading rec.ponds only)