Old 20-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Sue

Default Do You Recognize This Trillium??

Pag

Is this a Catesby's Trill?

Sue
Western Maine

--
Breeze ( sue burnham)
"paghat" wrote in message
news
Slightly larger than life size:

http://www.paghat.com/images/trilliumUNKNOWN_apr.jpg

This was sold to me as Trillium chloropetalum, but if that is what it is,
it is nothing like the T. chloropetalum I've seen before. This one has
reflexed purplish-green petals atop green sepals, & bright yellow anthers.
It was supposed to be sessile (stemless), but it has a short stem between
flower & leaf. The plant is now three years old & bloomed for the first
time this month (April).

If anyone knows what it is I'd sure be glad.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"