Old 20-04-2004, 04:06 AM
Nedra

Default Pond Foam

Oh Rich Thanks - but
I'M hoping they have eaten all the eggs! I would hate
to have to find homes for babies... and at the rate I've gone
in years past, I get waaay too attached - complicated. ;-)

Nedra

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
Keep an eye on the nitrites. Fun for them usually means work and worry

for
us.
Congratulations.
--
RichToyBox
"Nedra" wrote in message
k.net...
Speaking of Spawning! Wow! My 9 guys and 2 gals have
foamed up the pond, lilies torn asunder, pots upside down, and
tons of Foam... I have been netting it out for 24 hours and it
still isn't anywhere under control.

This is the first time these koi have have gone Crazy... these guys
are nine years old. I kept my eyes on the two females - they
seemed somewhat fatigued but nothing they couldn't handle! LOL!

I ran water tests last evening - all parameters within range.
Good thing I was transferring water at 310 gallons per hour.
De-Chlored of course. Now will add Koi-Zyme.

Nedra

"Charles" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 19:10:58 GMT, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

I get a foamy surface after the frogs have spawned and the spawn is
decomposing. Could it be this?
Alan

Not the spawn, but the male addition to the deed, and/or pollen can

cause
foaming, but we've had lots of pollen blowing around here and none on

the
lily pond till the frogs got hot & heavy. Hopefully I won't find any
drowned in their passion like last year, one young couple fed the

tomatoes.
~ jan

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)

The mystery is solved, it was the goldfish spawning after all.

No pollen yet (plant kind) that comes later in the year when the area
turns yellow from the neighbor's tree. (I don't like that tree)

--

- Charles
-