Old 20-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default strawberries via concrete block gardening

Well, today I transplanted about 50 strawberries in concrete block
16"x8"x8". I am hoping that they thrive under those conditions because
strawberries are so hard to maintain from weeds and grasses. Because if
they can thrive in those block holes it is easy to weed them and to run the
mower. In other words, strawberries pose a high priority of being solved by
the Concrete Block method.

I am going to guess that they will thrive by just shooting their leaves up
higher to get the full sunlight. Once they do that, I can easily weed out
any grasses or weeds and mow along the line of block. I am further hoping
that the strawberry runners will try to reach ground and then I can easily
snip them off and plant them into a new block somewhere else.

This method may have solved the problem of growing strawberries and also it
is easy to walk down a row of block containing strawberries than in a
field.

I shall report this summer how my strawberry experiment is going on.

Archimedes Plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies
www.archimedesplutonium.com
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium