Old 20-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Sudden oak death

I've got a couple of oak trees in the garden, and I have been researching
this because I'd hate to see them go, and worse I'd hate to harbour it
unwittingly if my trees get it.

But on reading http://www.defra.gov.uk/planth/pestnote/newram.pdf I was
suprised to see that it can affect more than just oaks, something that was
not at all clear from the BBC/newspaper stories that started me on this
search. Googling the group shows that there are people here less ignorant
than I.

That's quite a useful document from defra and I commend it to anyone who is
growing, or particularly thnking of buying, trees or broadleaf shrubs.