Old 20-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Ladypii

Default Bay Laurel rescue plan

I've purchased for a song an abandoned Bay Laurel about 3 1/2' tall.
It managed to put out some new growth so I thought i've give it a try.
Some of the leaves are torn or discolored from well water i believe.
I'll be cleaning the leaves individually but my problem is the roots.
It's dreadfully root bound and has a huge variety of bug life living
in the pot. I'd like to bring it onto my patio but I don't dare as it
is. What's the best way to get rid of the bugs? Can I unpot it and
take the hose to the roots before repotting in "clean" dirt or will
that kill it? Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks.