Old 20-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Phisherman

Default Home soil test kit question.

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:05:08 -0000, GaryM wrote:

In Lowes I noticed a soil test kit for NPK and pH for 12 bucks.
Comprised of 4 small tubes and small pills for the nutrient tests. 10
tests in all. I was wondering if anyone has and experience with these
kits?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

I use them. It's faster (and less expensive) than sending samples to
your local extension service. Make sure you use super clean
containers and distilled water. Be careful when collecting your
sample. Testing your soil is highly recommended and you'll know
exactly to buy to improve the soil.