Old 20-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Robyn Rhudy

Default Crazy Fish

I think it was spawning. I live near you, and my goldfish have been doing
the same thing the last few days; a spawn fest it is! I've been feeding
for a month now so they're not hungry. It's spaz city! I've had girls
end up out of the pond too or jammed and stuck various places.

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Benign Vanilla wrote:

I went out to the pond this morning, and all nine fish were
fighting/thrashing around in the roots of some plant that I have growing
near the pond. The plants are rooted in the rocks, and they have grown long
roots into the pond. Some of the fish were working so hard to get into the
pile that they were out of the water! When they saw me they retreated. I
inspected the roots which appear (I am not sure) to be shorter. I don't see
eggs, foam, etc. so I am assuming this was not a spawn but "spring is here
and we're starving" buffet on these roots.

My wife just called me at work, and said she looked out the window this
morning from the kitchen (about 100 feet away from the pond) and saw orange
flopping. When she went out, two of the fish had managed to get out of the
pond and on the rocks in the very same spot! The liner in that area is
perfectly clean from them wiggly and fighting in this root mass.

I can't wait to get home and check this out. In the mean time, I asked the
old SO to toss some food in to the pond, in case this is a hunger thing.

What do you think?

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Important Notice! Robyn's web site has moved from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com. This
e-mail as well as the old site (which refers to the new site) will be
deleted on 9/24/04 by UMBC (I have no say in it). After that date,
please use the e-mail of instead of this e-mail.
Please spread the word that my site has moved. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -