Old 20-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default OT - ka30p - OT ---- Cooling Info

wrote:

I wonder how that works then with no little pump (of course I got all kinds of little
pumps around the house).

It's actually very simple. There's a valve on the thermos and there may
be another one on the cuff. (It's been a few years since my last
surgery - I'm trying to put off the next one as long as I can.) Open
it, leaving the thermos on the floor and the water drains from the cuff
to the thermos. Pick it up higher than the cuff and it refills. Close
valve. My favourite place to put it when filling was on the back of the
couch since I was usually on the couch while recuperating from my
various surgeries.

I've had mine for about 12 years now. Nice thing about no pump is no
mechanical parts to break down. Usually (as we all know) that tends to
happen (or be dicovered) at critical times when immediate replacement is
either *very* expensive if not impossible.

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu