Old 20-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Heather

Default lotus tuber

Nedra - in your opinion what is the shallowest I can plant a lotus? I have
a boggy area separated from the pond by rocks but sharing the pond water. I
can dig the dirt down about a foot before hitting the liner. Your
thoughts???

Heather

"Nedra" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi BV,
Sounds like the deck is stacked against the 18 inch pot... a
good experiment. I think I'll bet on the ones that are 2 feet
deep ;-)

Nedra
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Nedra" wrote in message
.net...
Hi Maureen,

Just add some dirt to the tub; make indentations for the tubers on
top of the soil;
place the tubers in the indentations; add more dirt - not too much
though. You want them to be able to reach the top easily.

You can also place a small flat rock on top of the tubers, if they
don't stay planted. This is what I usually have to do ;-)

snip

I agree, my lotus are actually more sitting in some mud more then they

are
"planted". LOL. Nedra, this year I have 1 tubor in four feet of water in

an
18 inch pot, and 4 tubors in 2 feet of water in a rectangle window box.

The
experiment begins.

--
BV.