Old 20-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Sudden oak death

"Robert E A Harvey" wrote in message
I've got a couple of oak trees in the garden, and I have been researching
this because I'd hate to see them go, and worse I'd hate to harbour it
unwittingly if my trees get it.

But on reading http://www.defra.gov.uk/planth/pestnote/newram.pdf I was
suprised to see that it can affect more than just oaks, something that was
not at all clear from the BBC/newspaper stories that started me on this
search. Googling the group shows that there are people here less ignorant
than I.

That's quite a useful document from defra and I commend it to anyone who

is
growing, or particularly thnking of buying, trees or broadleaf shrubs.

Having just purchased 1200 young trees for our new local Park it makes
rather sombre reading.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars