Old 20-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Buddleja alternifolia

"Glen Able" wrote in message
Hi all,

Can anyone give me some clues about how to look after my new 18"
Buddleja alternifolia, please?

I'm especially confused about the fact that it's tied to a thin
stake, looking much more like, say, a Russian vine than the
B.davidiis that I'm used to. I assume I should leave the stake when
I plant it out - will I need to do any pruning or staking in the
near future?

Mrs H's grandfather bought her one of these, it formed an open bush mound
about 8 foot high, and has survived the hacking or wind damage of lower
branches without caring too much. I would stake it for about 2 years, then
let it do what it wants. It's not very much like the davidii.